Related Installation Links
Setting Your Posts
Installing Jambs #1
Installing Jambs #2
Installing Jambs #3
Installing Jambs #4
Porch swing sketch / specs
Gate Swing Diagram
Example Fence Layout
A Word About Wood
What we've learned over the past few decades:
1) Recommending a remote installer who may have been involved with another of our projects in any given area intimates that we know and trust him, when in fact we know nothing of him. He was simply the installer secured by a previous homeowner to install their project.
2) Recommending a remote installer we've never met who consequently visits your site is to present this installer as your first and only face-to-face connection to Prowell Woodworks. He may show up late, or not at all or perform the work ingloriously. He may be rude or unintelligent. His behavior impacts your impression of Prowell Woodworks.
3) Remote installers regularly attempt to sway the homeowner against Prowell Woodworks in lieu of themselves being hired to provide a facsimile of the same work for a better price. Facsimile is the key here. We've lost innumerable projects due to this phenomenon. The homeowner must often be determined, insisting on what they want. (Not to disparage those in the field, but there is less than a 1% chance that the work of a random installer will share the same plateau as the Prowell's.)
4) Recommending a remote installer associates Prowell Woodworks with that installer as if we were business associates and therefore liable for his or her workmanship.
5) We will often hear from whomever you eventually hire. They will call or write to check specifications or present a list of questions, which we will answer promptly. There is no link to competency or incompetency between those who reach out with questions and those who do not. What we can determine, from contact with your installer by phone or email, is their level of skill. Their level of experience in the trade.
|1. 8 0 0 . 4 6 6 . 1 8 5 0 (PST)||
SHIPPING TO ALL 50 STATES
1 . 7 0 7 . 8 6 1 . 3 4 0 9 (FAX)
Unless otherwise noted, products appearing on this site are the sole design rights of Charles & Ben Prowell